The village is seeking volunteers to serve on the local Historic Preservation Commission. Village Ordinance 1269 states that the commission “shall have the sole power to permit, by application of any property owner, the demolition, construction, preservation, restoration, rehabilitation of any home, commercial establishment or any other structure, or new construction within the historic district.” A link to the ordinance is available below.
Five commission members will be chosen and the minimum term of service is four years. The commission will hold a minimum of four public meetings per year. Those interested in being appointed to the commission by the mayor may submit resumes and letters of interest to [email protected] or bring physical copies to the village office at 123 Waterworks Road during regular business hours.