The Village of Ripley is hiring for the position of Fiscal Officer. The position is full time and pay will be based on experience and education. This posting will remain open until the position is filled and applicants are encouraged to respond quickly. The position is subject to a 90 day probationary period. Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Under direction of the Mayor and Village Administrator, acts as Chief Financial Officer and Clerk for the Village and will perform the following duties: follows statutory duties, complies with all fiscal reporting deadlines, exercises authority provided by law, implements policies enacted by Village Council, and performs other tasks on a regular and irregular schedule similar to but not limited to the examples listed below.
Serves as treasurer for the Village. Assumes responsibility for the receipt, safekeeping, tracking, documenting and disbursement of all Village funds.
- Supervises the collection, safekeeping and distribution of all funds. Keeps accurate statements of all monies received and expended by the Village.
- Receives and acts as custodian of all monies belonging to the Village, and deposits monies received in banks approved by the Village and State Statute.
- Secures favorable rates for notes and liabilities within the limits of acceptable and legal business procedures.
- Prepare warrants, recordings and records of all disbursements of Village funds, pays out Village monies on written order of designated official(s) of the Village.
- Exercises authorized investment methods of the Village for the most advantageous investment return and provides for the safekeeping of investments and securities.
- Must prepare and keep records of all property owned by the Village. The Fiscal Officer shall acquire from the county treasurer all taxes and assessments placed on the auditor’s tax list for collection and keep records for the same.
- Must be familiar with Uniform Accounting Network operated by the Ohio Auditor of State.
Serves as Chief Fiscal Officer for the village.
- Prepares and analyzes all financial statements for the Village and serves as the spokesperson for fiscal matters to the mayor, village council, village administrator and the public.
- Prepares all reports for financial accounting of Village funds and submits a monthly report to The Village Council and Administration. Provides Federal, State and other auditing agencies financial information, reports, or records regarding all Village funds and works with each agency to endure a complete and accurate audit of Village funds.
- Prepares a full and complete financial report at the close of each fiscal year.
- Responsible for the maintenance of a complete and systematic set of financial records in accordance with state statutes and as prescribed by the Auditor of State of all financial transactions of the Village.
- Prepares payrolls, including deductions, prepares and maintains all necessary earnings records, deductions records and similar personnel payment records, forwards reports and warrants to proper agencies covering deductions.
- Maintains village personnel files.
Acts as Secretary of Council.
- Attends all meetings of Village Council and Council Committees and records those proceedings in the minutes.
- Opens, interprets and records all public bids received by the Village
- Performs other related duties as directed by administration.
- Operates office equipment required to complete assigned job duties.
- Assists, directs, trains others and performs duties in other departments as directed.
- Other duties as assigned by the mayor or village council.
Must meet the Villages requirements as to General Qualifications and in addition:
- Must have a High School diploma or the equivalent.
- Must have knowledge in accounting and bookkeeping as required by the job position.
- Must have the ability to operate office equipment required to perform all job duties.
- Must have the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Must have the ability to support other areas with general administrative assistance, type and handle confidential information.
- Must have the ability to work effectively with Village officials, supervisory personnel and the general public.
- Must have the ability to speak and write effectively.
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours as required by the job.
- Must complete all work in a timely manner.
Successful completion of job related training prescribed by the Village, adherence to Village policy and procedures and satisfactory performance evaluations will be the criteria for pay increases.